Monday, March 18, 2013

This Florida Girl LOVES Texas

I tell you what, I had a HELL of a good time in Texas.  I've never been, so going to San Antonio was 4 days of pure delight.  It's not wonder many of my dearest friends and most passionate loves came from this beer making sweet talking state.

In case you are like me and are a Newbie to San Antonio, let me share some tips:

1) Find a Taco Haven for breakfast.  Walk there. Don't ask for anything more on the table than they give you.  Yes, the tomatillo sauce is amazing.

2) DO NOT DRINK Margaritas on the Riverwalk. I know. But there are two good reasons for this.  Most places do truly short pour. And a short pour or shabby mix on a $14 drink is just wrong. 

Go to Worm or Dick's Last Resort for real drinks.  Better, go off Riverwalk to any number of places in South Town.  Secondly, should you manage to drink enough margaritas to get tipsy you'll find the stairs and the lack of a safety rail by the River may cause you an indelicate, though frankly hilarious incident.
   
3) Go to South Town to eat/drink and shop. I found a great art store there where the owner had just come back from a buying trip in Mexico.  She suggested a place to get margaritas...and 4 bars later I had more friends and phone numbers than I had the last year in my small Florida town.  Texas is awesome fun like that. 

So fun, I 'm going there for my Summer vacation to see if this Florida Native can take the heat.  I'll tell you this, I can take hanging out and listening to people who know how to weave a story and throw our their heart with open arms.

I also met Julian Castro.  Which, is a post in and of it self. 

I LOVE Texas.
Recommended Hotel - River Vista

What I LOVED about San Antonio

WHY you should go to San Antonio Riverwalk and NOT Downtown Disney ( on either coast )


RhondaK
Native Florida Folk Artist