Thursday, April 4, 2013

The shore is not sure

This year is deeply rooted in this idea:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

I have been running, promoting and doing shows now at about 40 or so a clip for 5 or more years.
Last year, I meant to cut that to 15. This year, I'm going to have the courage to cut it to zero.

One of my happiest moments last year was setting up my easel and doing a series of paintings of a place I have longed loved. I do not know that I will ever sell them.

I do know, that I still feel that day like the most electric and passionate in my life where so much of me was engaged in story, myth, joy and even fear.

And that's the place I want to live: recognition. And a profound opportunity to share the wonder of a sense of simple, old fashioned ...yes.

Besides, stepping back gives me a world where I can step it up and get a Jeep.

Often all you really need is the wind in you hair and no place to be.