Monday, May 13, 2013

Red Notebooks August 6 2006-7

I have kept a lot of notebooks of my work from 2005 and my life for decades. This Summer I'm beginning a digitization project of the notebooks. Some are the genesis of ideas I had, others what people asked me to do, some quotes I liked...all thoughts that built what I do now.

-------


Things I'm painting : random and classic.

Warning:barstools in the splash zone.-me

Don't take me bro.

Idle worship in process.

All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers follow the stars. -- a version of Rush lyrics

Like a fine wine, I'm best when drunk.

4 scores and 7 beers ago, I wasn't this happy. - me

This Bud's for you--the rest are all mine.

One day your children will figure out you're the people you warned them

No shirt, shoes ... Problems

I gave up smoking and drinking. Worse 15 minutes of my life.

My compass does not point North. -- Alan Tikiman Keller 2006

The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes had no tears. --native American

Some call it a six pack...I call it a support group.

I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

Unruly kids will be sold to pirates.

Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right.

All I ever needed to know I learned from fishing...
You have to bait your own hook..
You have to drop your line in the water
You can't catch anything just talking about it.
It always seems to be a lot of trouble til you catch your first fish.

A smile is a gently curved line that sets a lot of things straight.

8/7/2006

Send Sam Densler and his wive a Spirit of the Star Fish sign. ( live aboard couple who offered to tow tiki mama to east coast through the Okeechobee lock system. I declined knowing how likely that was to destroy his resources. I was scared Charlie or someone would kill me, but felt I should stay and deal with my own fate.)

8/6/2006
Painted a yorkie for Hope Wainwright.
Beanie: the Heartbeat at my feet. --Edith Wharton saying.
She and Hemmingway both had dogs that slept on their feet while they wrote.

8/9/2006
Painted Steve's Tiki Bar

8/2/2006
Painted It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Old business card.